Mobile Friendly Vs. Mobile Responsive Websites
The terms ‘mobile responsive’ and ‘mobile friendly’ are thrown around like confetti in the website platform industry. But what do they actually mean? Are they the same, or are they different?
In fact, they are quite different!
A mobile friendly website is a smaller version of your desktop website. Your main site will be able to be viewed on a mobile or tablet device and it will also be readable, however, the functionality and overall aesthetics will be poor.
This type of site will perform the same across all platforms, making it quite rigid and inflexible. A mobile friendly site doesn’t provide a very good user experience as navigation and menu items don’t tend to work very well.
This is the one you want for your website. A mobile responsive website is designed and optimized for mobile or tablet devices. The website automatically adjusts according to the screen size and orientation (landscape of portrait) of the device.
A website that is mobile responsive provides an excellent user experience as the site is fluid and operates with performance and aesthetics at the forefront.
The easiest way to find out if your website is mobile friendly or mobile responsive is to do this simple test.
Step 1: Open your website on your computer.
Step 2: Drag the corner of the page to make the window smaller.
Back in the day when mobile browsing was gaining traction, a mobile friendly site was all you needed as most people viewed your website on a desktop. However, these days, a mobile responsive site is imperative to the success of your website. Here are a few statistics that demonstrate just how important a mobile responsive website is!
- 52% of web traffic worldwide is mobile (Source: HubSpot)
- Over 51% of smartphone users have discovered a new company or product while conducting a search on their smartphone. (Source: HubSpot)
- 48% of customers started searching for the product they bought on mobile first. (Source: HubSpot)
- 57% of all mobile users will not recommend a business if their mobile website is poorly designed or unresponsive. (Source: HubSpot)
- 60% of Google searches are done via mobile devices. Only 5 years ago, the figure was nearly half that at 34%. (Source: Word Stream)
- Google drives 96% of mobile search traffic. This is also why SEO is so important. (Source: HubSpot)
You receive peace of mind when your website is built through Advisor Websites as all sites are mobile responsive. You can see the website design options, including how they'll look on a mobile device, on the frameworks page.
For more information about why it’s so important to have a fully responsive website, check out our blog article here, as it affects more than just the appearance of your site.
WHO ARE WE?
At Advisor Websites we help financial advisors grow their business and enhance their digital marketing strategies with their own personalized website. Our platform offers a selection of effective and proven frameworks that are personalized to reflect your business and brand.
For a personalized one:one demo & to see our platform in action: