A website is a platform to showcase the world your business, your brand and your qualifications as a financial advisor. Living in a digital world where online marketing is the center fold of where businesses thrive, creating the right impression as a financial advisor has become even more crucial than ever before. Thus, creating a biography is a quintessential part when it comes to making the right impression.
Living in a digital world where online marketing is the center fold of where businesses thrive, creating the right impression as a financial advisor has become even more crucial than ever before.
It may initially sound daunting but crafting the perfect biography can be simple with the right steps. This article will help you create an sweet biography and teach you how to add it to your website - an all-in-one guide if you will. I also have to point out, that you can get a free sample biography right here to use. I do recommend you just use this as a template, and add to it, however. Don't just cut and paste... You want original content.
Without further adieu, let's get crafting!
Step 1: Provide Your Professional Details
Like all introductions, you need to start your biography by giving your audience a sense of who you are and what they could be potentially working with. You may also want to start off your biography by stating why you would be a good fit to your target audience.
Here is a checklist to provide some insightful yet effective professional details:
- Financial title (e.g. Investment Representative, Financial Planner etc.)
- Years in the industry
- Other relevant experiences and how they relate to the work you do today
- Reasons as to why you're a qualified candidate for being their financial advisor
- Enjoyment/s about helping clients
- How you keep in touch with clients and provide them with the information they need
Step 2: Showcase Your Expertise and Qualifications
Once again, your qualifications and how you can be the best fit as a financial advisor to your prospects will be the main highlight of your biography. So it's worth a second mention. I also like to call this step the main chunk of your bio - the patty of your burger. My point: make it count here!
- State your education and any published works
- Detail any awards and professional distinctions (e.g. Rookie advisor award)
- Professional designation (e.g. CFP, CLU, etc.)
- Highlight strengths and beliefs you have in regards to your profession
- Identify whether you specialize in any markets (e.g. retirees, ethnic market, families, business owners etc.)
- Describe your community involvement and explain why it is important to you
Step 3: Add a Personal Touch
Personal touches add a bit more character to a biography. Although it is absolutely optional, it does add some color and pizzazz.
- State your marital and/or family status
- Name any interesting hobbies
Step 4: Show it to the World!
Once you have crafted your effective biography, it's time to show it to the world!
Click here to view a tutorial on how to add your biography to the company section of your dashboard.
Once added, you will need to create a way for viewers to access your biography. Most other advisors create a new page titled "about me" or add it to a "team" page. To add your biography to a page, simply add in the placeholder that will retrieve all the content from the biography you have created previously in the company section.
Lastly, you can insert this page to the navigation menu as a tab.
If you would like assistance with adding your biography to your website, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a free biography template, click here!