Important: this articles doesn't apply to US-based advisors.
Client testimonials can be a great credibility builder to your financial services practice. You should include testimonials on your advisor website as well as other marketing materials you use.
How to quickly collect client testimonials:
Here’s a quick hint on how to collect testimonials:
- E-mail 2 – 3 clients and send them a list of simple questions asking them about their experience with you, here are some sample questions:
- Was the planning process thorough? Did we help you achieve your goals and objectives?
- Were we responsive in our communication?
- Would you recommend me to others?
- When the client replies, determine if any of the answers could be used as a testimonial.
- Respond to you client and ask them for permission to use the statements as a testimonial to help you grow your practice.
- When asking for permission to use the testimonial, indicate to them that you would like to use them in your "marketing materials" (rather than your advisor website or brochure). This will give you more flexibility when you want to use the testimonial in a variety of mediums (not just your website).
- If answers are positive but not usable as a testimonial directly, you can email your client thanking them for the feedback and see if they would mind compiling a testimonial from the answers for you.
- Give some prominence to your testimonials on your website.
- Try to include a client photo if available. Many people have a professional or family photo that they would be happy to share.
- It is good practice to have a testimonials page on your website populated with at least 3 testimonials.