This is Friday, time for a quick overview of the week and its election of blogs on social media, advertising and financial news:
- Making the most of social networking - An article from Davis D. Janowski. Somewhere between the hype and the compliance-driven negativity lies the truth about social networking for financial advisers: the technology offers great potential.
- How to Become Findable and Shareable in Social Media - A blog post by Brian Solis. As social networks gain in prominence, the amount of relevant information within each ecosystem increases in value and, as such, we deliberately seek content within the networks in which we engage.
- How Journalists are Using Social Media for Real Results - A post by Brenna Ehrlich. Excellent read on Mashable! They spoke with an array of journalists and industry folks to see how they’re using social media in their day-to-day work.
- Keyword Research Master Class - An blog post by Angie from site-reference.com. Nice little article giving a great insight on Search Engine Optimization and sharing tips and tools you might find useful.
- 6 Ways To Brand Your Business With Content - A guest post by Corry Cummings on Hubspot. The unique aspects of your business and your brand can be created with effective and interesting content. See how in this article.
- Social Media on the Rise - A post by Erik Qualman. Roughly 52% of the world’s population is under 30-years-old. See The full stats in this blog post.
- Social Media Demystified - A blog post by Mike Myatt, as seen on Blogging Innovation. If you find all the noise around social media to be confusing, rest assured that you're not alone.
- SEC charges Goldman Sachs with fraud - By Colin Barr, senior writer at CNN Money. The Securities and Exchange Commission on Friday charged Wall Street's most gilded firm, Goldman Sachs, with defrauding investors in a sale of securities tied to subprime mortgages.
- ETF Liquidity: Why It Matters - An article by William Artzberger on Forbes. Lower liquidity in exchange-traded funds can make it harder to trade profitably.
That's all for today. If you've found other great article this week that would be of value to the readers of this blog, please feel free to link them in the comment box below. Have a great weekend everybody!