All great dishes start with a brilliant recipe. The same goes for your website's blog!
While many financial advisors have an existing blog page, most come to question the effectiveness of their current blog based on the lack of traffic, leads and overall conversion rates experienced. A major concern today isn't whether advisors have a blog but whether their current blog is considered a true success.
Here's a quick fun fact - did you know that two million blog posts are published each and everyday? That's an astounding and perhaps a frightful amount considering the efforts needed to reach your target audience today.
Fortunately enough, there is a simple recipe that can drastically increase your odds of standing out. After reading the sections below on how to publish the right content and utilize SEO and marketing strategies, you'll learn how to craft the perfect blog that'll make your visitors bite!
1. Fresh, quality content
2. 1 juicy meta description
3. 8 delicious (but also relevant) keywords
4. A yummy featured image
5. A Hootsuite integration
1. Fresh, Quality Content
The design of a website produces an immediate impression of your company's brand, but the content is what develops that brand over the long term. Thus, content is what I like to call "king".
If you're wondering about the exact definition of what "content" is, it essentially refers to the resources that a company uses to promote its products/services. The beauty of high quality and fresh content is the credibility it provides to you as a financial advisor. Credibility then brings in more revisits and traffic, leading to a higher conversion rate.
So how can you come up with great content that converts? Here's how:
- Produce original content that solves a problem, gives advice or teaches something. The aim is to provide useful information to your target audience and to help them out. Great content can then be naturally passed on and recommended in social media (more to that point later on).
- Ensure that your blog content is well-written. Watch out for spelling and grammatical mistakes! Those won't help boost your credibility or your blog's shareability.
- Don't be afraid to include infographics and video content! The fact is that people retain and process information differently. Not everyone enjoys reading a full wall of text so it's always a great idea to provide a diversity of content to your visitors by including infographics as well as videos.
- Stuck on content? Don't fret yet! Advisor Websites provides a periodical content library that features financial-based pre-written content that can be readily used as blogs. To learn more about this feature, click here!
2. SEO - Meta Description and Keywords
SEO which stands for Search Engine Optimization refers to the marketing discipline that specializes on growing visibility in organic (non-paid) search engine results. To help your blog be more successful and reach a wider audience, it's important to implement meta tags.
Here are a few simple SEO practices to follow:
- To learn how to insert meta tags to your blog entries, click here!
- It's a good idea to include a meta description to each of your individual blog entries. A meta description is a one to two line sentence detailing what your blog entry is about similar to a short summary. This is the verbiage that'll appear within search results, ultimately enticing a viewer to click into your blog.
- Assign keywords to your blog entries. Keywords are the terms and phrases that searchers enter into search engines. You should aim to include keywords that best define what your content is about and are most relevant to what people are searching for. Also, include no more than 8 keywords as anymore would hurt rather than help your SEO!
3. Get Social - Featured Images and Social Media
Now that you have your quality content published along with its associated meta tags, it's time to add some last finishing touches to your newly baked blog.
- A featured image in the blog editor allows you to display an image alongside the summary/preview of the blog being shared on social media. A featured image can also act as a graphical piece to your blog entry!S
- Lastly, a great way to extend the exposure of your blog is to share it on social media! You can do so with our Hootsuite integration which allows you to schedule when to send out a post to a social media channel of your choosing (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc).